We stayed at the Fairfield in this time and they had a Kids Check in area.
Kailani loves Chip and Dale
Saturday morning, I was up at 4am to start the 10K at 5:30am. The race went through Disneyland and California Adventure. There were a lot of characters and photo ops along the way, but I didn't make any stops. Unfortunately, I had to start in the last corral since I didn't have a qualifying time to submit at the time of registration. I had to weave in and out of walkers for a while, which slowed me down a little. My official time for the 10K was 1:08:12. Jason and the kids were at the finish line to greet me.
After the race, we spent the day at California Adventure.
Sunday morning, I was up again at 4am to start my very first 1/2 marathon at 5:30am. The race went through Disneyland and California Adventure, as well as out onto the streets around both parks. Again, since I didn't have a qualifying time to submit, I started in the last corral. It was very difficult to weave through all of the walkers for this race because there were so many. At least next year I'll be able to start closer to the beginning. My official time for my first 1/2 marathon was 2:39:37. I was shooting for 2:30, and I think I would have been able to do it if it weren't for the runners.
I met up with Becky and Renee before the race, but unfortunately I couldn't sneak into their corral.
The start line...
I received a medal for each race as well as a Pixie Dust Challenge medal for finishing both races within the qualifying time limit.
After the race we spent a few hours at Disneyland before heading home.
At the end of this month I will run the Rock n Roll 5K and the Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon relay.
My 2016 goal: Triple Crown - 3 1/2 marathons (Carslbad, La Jolla, and America's Finest)
My 2017 goal: Disney's Coast to Coast - 2 1/2 marathons (one on each coast CA/FL) in the same year
No comments:
Post a Comment