Since I completed the 10K on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday, I earned a third medal for completing the Dumbo Double Dare challenge. I love Disney races!
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Disneyland Half Marathon
Today Becky and I ran the Disneyland half marathon. I planned to take my time and run slow, but I was doing well and was on track to break my personal record, so I pushed it at the end. Two weeks ago when I ran the AFC half, I shut down at mile 10 and had a hard time with the last 3 miles. Today, there were a lot of people in the crowd cheering the runners on. One lady had a sign somewhere toward the beginning that said, "It's your mind, not your body that decides if today is a PR or just another race." That stuck with me the whole race. And...the same lady was holding her sign at mile 10 when I needed it the most. I pushed through and was able to pull off a personal record of 2:29:42. My best time was 2:30, so I didn't beat it my much, but I did it! And...I stopped several times throughout the race for photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment