Today Kailani and I spent the afternoon together. I took her to see the play Wicked. The play was about the "untold story of the witches of OZ." Kailani had seen the new Return to OZ movie but she had never seen The Wizard of OZ. Over the Thanksgiving break, I got the movie and the kids watched it. It was helpful and explained a lot of things that happened in the play. I thought the play was awesome. Kailani seemed to be a little bored during the middle (it was a 3-hour show). I had to explain some of the parts to her that she was not able to infer on her own based on what was happening. I think she enjoyed the show though. She definitely enjoyed getting all dressed up and heading downtown for the show.
Over the Christmas break, I would love to take her to see the new Annie movie. I may have to go buy the original version for her to watch first:)

No comments:
Post a Comment