Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When it rains, it pours...

Things have been a little hectic here, to say the least...

Last week the kids were both sick for a few days, so although Jason was here, I had to take a few days off work to stay home with them. Luckily, they only had a fever for a few days and then they were as good as new.

Although I had already missed several days of work this week, I stayed home on Friday to go to Zachary's Halloween parade and party at school. I didn't want to miss it. That afternoon, my car informed me that I needed to turn off the AC because the engine was too hot. The temperature of the car was as high as it could get. We checked under the hood and noticed that there was no coolant. We quickly headed to AutoZone and then home. After adding coolant several times, we came to the conclusion that there must be a leak. I made an appointment to have it looked at on Friday. I recently had my air conditioning fixed (3 days and $400 later), so I was thinking this had something to do with the new problems.

On Thursday I started to have a horrible pain in my abdomen. I thought maybe I just slept wrong, but as the weekend went on, the pain continued and I started to worry. We had a busy weekend, so the first opportunity I  had to get it checked out was 10:30pm on Saturday. Jason had duty on Sunday and was leaving on Monday, so I figured it was my only chance. At that time of night, the only place to go was the ER. I ended up spending 5 hours in the ER and came home with no answers. They did blood tests, an ultrasound, a chest x-ray, and an EKG. The only thing that came up abnormal was that my liver was enlarged. I was sent home at 3:30am with Tylenol and told to follow up with my doctor. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night. I had to be up at 6:30am for Kailani's cheer competition.

I was still in pain on Monday, so I stayed home from work and made an appointment with my doctor. My doctor wasn't available so I had to see another doctor in the office. After a bunch of questions, the doctor suggested that I had a strained muscle. I guess it's good to know it's not something serious, but I still feel like something else is going on. Apparently an enlarged liver could be genetic, so that could have nothing to do with the pain I am having. I need to return to the doctor if the pain doesn't go away by the end of the week.

I finally decided that it was time to go back to work today since I hadn't been there in a while. When I got in the car, I had a warning that my left front tire pressure was 24, which is really low. After dropping the kids off, I stopped to fill it with air and went straight to the dealer. Thank goodness for Becky...she picked me up and took me to base for Jason's car (since he's not here). When I got the call from the dealer, I found out that not only is there a coolant leak, but there is also an engine oil leak and a nail in my tire. He suggested replacing 3 of my tires (1 had a nail in it recently and was replaced). So now, 4 more days and $800 later, I should have my car back as good as new.

When it rains, it pours...I don't think I can take any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background