Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

This morning we went to see the new chipmunks movie. The kids both sat very nicely and watched the whole thing. Hopefully when it comes out on DVD, we can get all three movies. The movies were supposed to be free for military, but we didn't realize it was only after 6pm. Oh well:)
We hung out at Becky's for a while and then went to the 3pm church service with her. Zachary slept through most of the service, but enjoyed the music when he woke up. The church services that I've been to around here are very different from the traditional services I am used to back home. Everything is so laid back...the pastors wear jeans and flip flops, the are live bands on stage playing more modern music, and they project the words to the music on big screens. I'm glad we went. I really do need to find a church here for us to go to. Kailani and Zachary have both been interested in the story of Christmas and Baby Jesus and I think they would enjoy learning more. We also still need to have Zachary baptized.
This evening Zachary and Kailani sprinkled "reindeer food" on the yard. Zachary made it at school last week.The kids are so excited for Christmas. We've been tracking Santa online to see where he has delivered presents already. Early to be tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background