
Saturday we went to Kailani's cooking class in the afternoon. She made fruit soup. The kids used fruits that were all colors of the rainbow: strawberries, tangerines, bananas (the teacher forgot these though), kiwis, blueberries, and grapes. The kids cut up and mixed the fruit with orange juice and vanilla yogurt. Kailani liked it. She'll miss her last cooking class next week because of Trinity's birthday party. The teacher is going to teach another cooking class in April on Saturdays from 1-2 and then a crafting class from 2:30-3:30. We'll probably do both:)
On the way home from cooking, we stopped at Costco. It was so easy to shop since the buggies there have a spot for two kids in the front. Good thing Zachy can sit up in the cart now. Kailani loves tasting the samples at Costco.
Saturday night we were had cooking club with the meetup group. Each month someone hosts cooking club (I will be hosting next month) and picks a theme for everyone to make a dish. This month's theme was casseroles. We went and had dinner and it was fun. On the way home...it was a nightmare.
On our drive home, I heard Zachary gagging. It didn't sound normal, so I pulled over to the side of the freeway. There was in fact something wrong...he was blue in the face and clenching his fists. I pulled him out of the carseat and laid him on the front seat like I was told to do with Kailani when she has a seizure. Luckily I knew what was happening or else I would have freaked out even more. The worst part was that I had forgotten my cell phone at home. I never leave my cell phone, but I didn't realize I had left it until we were almost to where we were going. I didn't go back...but I am sure I will next time. Since I couldn't call 911, I tried to flag someone down. It was 9pm and cars were flying by me...no one would stop. I was screaming for someone to stop, but no one could hear. Finally, someone stopped. He called 911 and stayed with me until the ambulance came. I wish I knew who he was so I could than him. By the time the ambulance came, Zachary was doing fine. Since it was the first time though, it was better to have him checked out. Becky happened to drive by since we were leaving from the same place. We both followed the ambulance to the hospital. It was hard not being in the ambulance with him, but he was sleeping when he got to the hospital, so at least he wasn't scared. The doctors at the hospital couldn't fine any reason for the fever. His temperature was 103.2. They diagnosed him with a febrile seizure, like Kailani has, and let us go...the quickest trip to the ER ever...30 minutes in and out. They can't be sure he'll have more. We'll just have to watch him carefully whenever he has a fever.
Since Zachary was still running a fever, we cancelled our busy Sunday plans. Becky took Kailani to the USO Valentine Party with her girls. They met up with Nicole, Madison, and Alexander there. They had a great time. I wish I didn't have to miss it, but am lucky to have someone here to help out. Daddy surprised us with flowers and teddy bears for Valentines day:) We had dinner with Becky and the girls...roast and mashed potatoes...everyone had 3 helpings, even Zachary (of potatoes).
Monday we just hung around the house. Becky and the kids came over the play. I took Zachary to the doctor and he just has a virus. I kept him home today just to be safe. He does have a really yucky runny nose, but no fever. I'll try taking him to school tomorrow. We're missing Chick-fil-A tonight...I think it's only the 3rd time in the last year...but Becky is going to bring us dinner and hopefully Ms. Joy will give the girls the art project to bring here for Kailani to do.
We've got a pretty slow weekend coming up...just a birthday party at Pump it Up...that's it.
No comments:
Post a Comment